Working at Classified
Classified is a leading developer and producer of drivetrain components for race, gravel, TT, MTB and E-bikes. We push the boundaries of science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations. As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team.
If you are inspired by challenging the status quo & thrive in collaborative environments that drive results, then Classified may be the next step in your career!
We are looking for a Drivetrain Software Control Engineer who will report directly into the R&D Manager and will be responsible for the Control development of new bicycle drivetrain products. You will develop software control logics of bicycle drivetrain systems using Model In the Loop, then validate them in SIL and HIL. You will collaborate with other designers to make design decisions with the R&D team in order to reach the project goals and timeline. You lead cross functionally your project with the other core competencies (system, mechanical, electrical, electronic).
- create / improve mechatronic Models of new drivetrain systems
- refine SW requirements and capture them in Simulink Requirements
- define best SW architecture to maximize re use of modules across product lines and for easy diagnostic, in coordination with partners for low layers SW.
- set up MatLab Simulink Library of physical and software models to enable scalable simulations
- develop test scenarios which reflect requirements and safety targets
- develop new Control Logics for bicycle drivetrain products or sub systems, using MIL in Simulink
- define and build auto-coding platform and lead final SW integration into the electronic boards
- define Hardware In the Loop rig equipment needed
- validate SW by using Software in the Loop & HIL, debug SW during physical tests, using diagnostic and CAN tools
- release SW variants and ensure diagnostic & upgrades are Over The Air (OTA) compatible
- elaborate Project timing plan regarding control engineering deliverables
- Coordination of activities with other core competencies to ensure drivetrain system performances are achieved
- You have a degree and relevant experience (at least 4 years) in Software /Control / System engineering
- You have strong analytical skills and experience with embedded software systems, preferably drivetrain systems, ideally torque & speed sensor / power-meter and E-Bike systems
- You have a minimum experience of 3 years in developing Control logics requirements in MatLab Simulink, ideally also with Auto code generation
- You have knowledge of Simulink Requirements Editor and Simulink Tests and you know how to link requirements to models and tests results
- You are very hands on and able to work autonomously
- You are fluent in English (C1 expected) – it is not required to have Dutch as a mother tongue
- You are a team player
- You are keen on taking up the challenge to bring a new product to the market
- You have a problem-solving approach and you enjoy a scale up mentality
- You are positive, thorough, accurate, result-oriented and have an eye for detail and quality
- You are organized and well documented
- We are all passionate about cycling, but being a cyclist is not a must
- You must be able to work in the EU without the need for sponsorship
What we offer
- A challenging position in a young, dynamic, company in a highly evolving market
- Being able to work on a product that will revolutionize the sports bicycle industry
- A professional team of highly motivated people in a flexible environment
- A flat organization with a start-up culture and essential communication lines
- Competitive working conditions and compensation
- We invest in our collaborators and wish to establish a long-term relationship, as such we are looking for a permanent team member!